Antivirus Software & Solutions
Small and medium-sized enterprises know that running a business is an investment in legacy. As an owner or manager, you are guiding an organization that provides for the families of your employees. You also provide a vital service to your community through products and taxes. Your survival depends both on success and taking steps to effectively protect your investment. IT professionals are often challenged by providing technology security in order to protect company assets. Selecting the right AntiVirus Software is a big part of creating your network security solution.
After all, the 2019 US Internet Crime Report indicates 467,361 complaints in 2019 alone. Victims reported more than $3.5 billion in losses (FBI.gov). Like most business risks, the time to prepare is before you get hit.
Here are a few tools your AntiVirus protection must provide.
- Reasonable Cost. Let’s be honest, limiting costs is a necessary business strategy. However, you also know that you have to pay for great products and services. Before you decide on the right AntiVirus protection for your company, you will want to compare products. Make sure you choose a product with a great reputation for protection at a reasonable cost.
- Reasonable Performance. You are not in the business of protecting your computers. Running AntiVirus software should not slow your devices to the point where you cannot accomplish your goals. Make sure you select software that can run silently in the background without noticeably slowing the speed of your end-user device. At the same time, however, you need software that provides top-quality protection for your data and resources.
- Additional Customer Resources. Protecting your devices from potential threats isn’t always enough. Sometimes an employee will visit the wrong website or click the wrong link in an email. Other times your system may be running extra slowly or performing suspiciously. Make sure the software you use for protection is backed by a company willing to provide excellent customer service. You are not buying their product for fun. If they don’t have a reputation for being customer-focused you may want to find another product.
- Holistic Approach. Today’s enterprises operate using a wide variety of end-user arrangements. A certain number of employees may accomplish all tasks sitting at an office using a desktop computer. Sales staff may use laptops computers or tablets while in the field. Other users may split time between the office and home environments. Nearly everyone will at least occasionally open documents or respond to emails using a smartphone. Your AntiVirus provider must provide protection across a variety of devices.
- Ongoing Improvements. Perhaps the most important element of AntiVirus software is an enduring commitment to continual improvements. You spend every day looking for ways to improve your products and services to better serve your customers. You deserve nothing less from your software security vendor. Make sure your software provider is at the cutting edge of enterprise protection. Your AntiVirus software should be ready for the latest phishing scams and ransomware attacks. That is how you can protect yourself both now and in the future.
Managed Services Can Help
Unless you are a cybersecurity expert, you should not have to spend your time protecting your company from internet-based threats. Finding the right managed IT security partner can leave you more time to run your business.
Since 1984, PNJ Technology Partners has been supporting the technology needs of companies in the Albany area. We can help you develop a proactive approach to cybersecurity and network protection. We will secure your technology, so you can secure your future. Contact us today for a free consultation!